Did you know that orange watermelon exists? They are a rare variety of watermelon that have orange flesh. This means that the inside of the watermelon is orange instead of the traditional red. Some people say that orange watermelons taste better than regular ones, but others find them too sweet. There is a very thin line when it comes to orange watermelon. This article will help you understand more.
How To Identify
There are a few ways to know if you’re getting an orange watermelon. One way is by the shape of the watermelon. Orange watermelons are more elongated than regular watermelons, and they have a pointed end. Another way to tell is by the color of the rind. If the rind is mostly green with a little bit of orange, then it’s most likely an orange watermelon.
There are many different types of cancers that affect people all over the world. Cancer is something that everyone needs to be worried about nowadays. However, this watermelon comes with antioxidants that help fight against free radicals, these free radicals are very harmful and they spread throughout the body when they are not stopped. It is rich in lycopene and has a very high concentration of antioxidants.
Helps with Weightloss
As orange watermelon contains Lycopene, this means that it has the ability to burn fat and help people lose weight at a much faster rate. The antioxidant levels within this watermelon are very high. Studies have shown that it is one of the best ways to lose weight because it has a certain enzyme named citrulline lyase, which helps break down fat within the body.
Orange Watermelons and Pesticides.
Many people worry about pesticides and chemicals in their food nowadays because there has been a real sense of anxiety around how much they affect your health. Orange watermelon is one of the safest kinds of fruit that you can buy. This is because it has a thick rind which protects it from pesticides and chemicals within the soil, this is also why they have such a thick rind, unlike regular watermelons.
Be careful when storing your orange watermelon.
When you get an orange watermelon home you are probably going to want to eat it as soon as possible. If you need to store your watermelon for a few days, then make sure that you keep it in the fridge because if not, then it will rot faster than normal. It’s much better to be safe than sorry so just place your watermelon in the fridge for a few days.
How to Grow
To grow orange watermelons, you will need to buy some orange watermelon seeds. Once you have the seeds, you will need to plant them in some rich soil and water them regularly. Make sure that the soil is not too wet, as this can cause the plants to rot. The watermelons will need plenty of sunlight, so make sure that they are in a sunny spot. Once the watermelons start to form and turn orange, make sure that you protect them from any pests.
- Try harvesting your them around September or October.
- If your orange watermelon is starting to rot on the vine, this means that it has been left for far too long and it’s time to harvest.
- Make sure that you properly check your before buying them. The stem should be bright green and it shouldn’t have any brown spots on the skin.
- If there are any soft or dark patches, this means that the orange watermelon has been left for far too long and it’s time to harvest.
- It can be stored in a fridge for up to three days before it starts to rot.
- The skin should remain fresh and green while the inside should remain orange.
- You can keep your orange watermelon outside of the fridge for up to five days, but make sure that they do not get too hot or they will start to rot.
- They should be stored in a cool, dark place.
- Once you have harvested your orange watermelon, make sure that you cut it open as soon as possible because the longer the time from harvesting the orange watermelon until eating it, the more juice will seep out of it and cause a mess.
- Once you have cut open your orange watermelon, make sure that you eat it within two days because after 48 hours, the oranges will start to turn color.
- Keep your orange watermelons in a shady place because the sun can cause the skin to turn green.
- Rich in Vitamin C and A.
- Protects against heart disease and cancer.
- Good for your eyesight.
- Keep you healthy and looking young.
- Increases your sex drive.
- Helps with pain relief and much more.
How To Store
If you have an orange watermelon, you will need to store it in the fridge for a few days. If you have a large watermelon, then it’s best to cut it into smaller pieces so that it doesn’t rot too quickly. When storing your orange watermelon keep in mind that if you store them together with bananas or apples, then they will spoil faster. You should also avoid placing your oranges in the sun because they might turn green and this can affect the flavor.
If you want to eat your orange watermelon straight after buying it, then make sure that you plug up any cracks or holes in the skin so they don’t rot. If you have this type of watermelon and you need to store it for a few days before cutting it, then make sure that you store it in a well-ventilated place that is shady and cool.
the soil and needs regular watering. You will need to put up a fence around
There you have it, all the benefits of orange watermelon that you need to know about. If you are looking for a fruit that is good for your eyesight, heart disease, cancer, etc., then you can’t go wrong with eating an orange watermelon. Now that you have read this article, you should have a good idea on how to store your orange watermelons so you can enjoy the full benefits for as long as possible.